Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nanny Nail-Art

The 9 year old girl I nanny for, K, is totally awesome and reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age. She's very creative and always has her nose in a book. She always enjoys seeing what I come up with on my nails, and occasionally I'll do hers for her.

The other day I jumped on the magnetic nail polish bandwagon when I picked up Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in Silver Elements from Walgreens. The magnetic trend hadn't really peaked my interest, but it was less than ten bucks so I decided to see what all the fuss was about.

I tried it out later back at home and IT WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!! The design ended up being pretty cool but the best part by far was peeking under the magnet to see it doing its thing to the polish. It was like magic. I knew this would be something that K would be totally fascinated by, so the next day I told her I'd do her nails for her. Her reaction after seeing the first magnetized nail was pure shock and awe. It was hilarious. After every single nail she just kept saying "How does it DO that!?!"


I didn't get a proper photo of my nails with this one, but here's a photo of K's and my hands with our matching nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky