Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NOTD - Glitter Gradient

I learned my lesson the last time I did a gradient, so I went to Walgreens and bought some of those soft makeup sponges! I used those when I did this fun glitter gradient!

I started with two coats of Ulta Peach Parfait, a coral jelly. Then, I used the makeup sponge to dab some of Milani Gems onto the tips of my nails. I found that I couldn't get the opacity of the glitter that I wanted near the very tips, so when I was done sponging I just used the Milani brush to fill in the gaps.

After the glitter dried, I did one more thin coat of Peach Parfait to do a jelly sandwich effect! I finished it up with a coat of Seche Vite fast drying top coat to smooth out the bumps.

I think this mani is totally adorable and reminds me of cupcake sprinkles!

1 comment:

  1. I just went to Ulta a couple days ago and bought that peach color and a glitter just like that (Pinata Yada Yada) and am thinking about trying this notd. Very cute, I've never heard of doing another coat of the polish on top of the glitter though. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky