Monday, February 13, 2012

EOTD - Complementary Colors

I was watching this Wendy's Lookbook video yesterday, and was inspired to try some complementary colors in my outfit and makeup today. I wore khaki green cargo skinnies with a pastel pink sweater today, thinking it's still pretty wintery and not too spring-like. I was thinking of doing an all green eye look, but I was bored of that idea because I do the gold/green combo quite often. I decided to translate the color scheme of my outfit onto my eyes.

I started by prepping my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed, which adds a touch of gold shimmer to the lids. I patted Urban Decay Free Love eyeshadow, a coral-pink shimmer, onto the inner half of my lid. I then blended Urban Decay Chronic eyeshadow, a matte bright grass green, into the crease. (This is why I used Greed to prime my lid - I did not want a totally matte crease color so Greed brought some depth to the shadow.)  I then blended Urban Decay Mildew, a darker olive-y green shimmer, into the outer V and on the lower lashline.

I lined my upper lashline with Urban Decay Blackout, and highlighted my browbone and inner corner with Urban Decay Virgin. To finish the eye, I coated my lashes with CoverGirl LashBlast mascara in Black.



For the rest of the face, I went with my new go-to contour of NYX Matte Bronzing powder in Medium, highlight of Benefit Girl Meets Pearl in Golden Pink, and NYX Creme Blend Blush in Glow. On the lips, I went with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp, reviewed here.



Channeling my inner Taylor Swift
What do you think of my colorblocking look? Is this something you would try on your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky