Thursday, February 2, 2012

EOTD - Naked 2 look & New Haircut!

Today I'm going to show you a very basic, pretty daytime eye look that I achieved using only colors from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. This is my go-to look because it is so easy and natural. It goes great with a natural rosy cheek and a pop of color on the lips! (I paired it today with Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Lollipop.)


I started by patting Foxy, a matte yellowish beige, all over the lid. It's pretty sheer and doesn't show up very well, and it's almost the same color as my skin, so I do this just to create a matte, even base. I then used Suspect, a shimmery warm taupe, to shade in the outer half of the lid and the bottom lashline. I blended Snakebite, a medium-dark shimmery brownish taupe, into the crease and onto the outer third of the lower lashline. 


I used a flat eyeliner brush to line my upper and lower lashline with Busted, a dark purplish brown shimmer. To finish, I used a small detail brush to add a small highlight just under the eyebrow and inner corner with Bootycall, a light beige highlighter. I finished the eye with two coats of Cover Girl LashBlast mascara in Black on the upper and lower lashes.

In other news, I got my hairs did today! I went to Kelly Cardenas Salon here in Chicago, where I've been getting my hair done by the amazing Nicole for probably almost three years. I haven't had it colored in about two years, and I decided it was time for a change. I wanted highlights to brighten up my face and add some dimension, and Nicole had the amazing idea to do an "ombre" effect - where the roots are my natural color and it gradually fades into a lighter blonde towards the ends. I also got bangs! They are so amazing, I love them!


What is your favorite every day neutral look?

1 comment:

  1. Ombre hair looks really good on you! And it's a practical style. You don't need root touch-ups, it's super easy to mentain.

    My every day neutral eyes usually means only liner, no eyeshadow, or a wash of colour all over the lid - an old gold usually, or a golden brown.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky