Tuesday, January 31, 2012

butter LONDON Spring/Summer 2012 Swatches: Knackered

As you probably know, I use my very own hard-earned money to pay for everything I show on this blog. So you know if I feature an entire collection of something on this blog, I must love it a whole lot because I paid for it! Well, that's exactly what happened with the Spring/Summer collection from butter LONDON. I saw promo pics of it, and I knew that I was going to end up buying the whole thing. I just love every. single. color!

Which is precisely why I'm going to show swatches of this collection in separate posts. I can't wait to show you guys my first collection swatches, but I want to take my time and enjoy wearing them before I take them off to swatch the next one. So for the next 10-15 days or so, enjoy these swatches of the amazing spring/summer collection from butter LONDON! First up, Knackered, a sheer teal-gray/lavender duochrome with tiny holographic glitter! (I just shivered a little from writing that.)

This photo pretty accurately shows the color-shift of the duochrome.


On the first coat of this polish, I thought there was no way it would build up to opacity. It's very sheer. It would work well as a layering polish, although I personally don't think I would like the way that would look. It becomes pretty opaque at three coats - VNL is still slightly visible but not noticeable. It applies a bit brushstroke-y, and you must wait for each coat to dry before applying the next one or it will drag and create strange "ripples" in the polish - you can kind of see this effect on my middle finger, where I attempted to fill in a bald spot and messed it up.


Blurred to show the holographic glitter
This is such a unique polish, and while I'm still on the fence whether I love it or not, I'm very glad to have it in my collection!

Stay tuned for the remaining four colors from butter LONDON's Spring/Summer collection!

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware that Knackered is a duochrome.Your pics show it very well. I haven't tried BL yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend BL as a brand - they always wear fantastically on me, and they come out with such unique and interesting colors!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky