Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FOTD - quick and easy sparkle liner for a polished 5 minute face!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good Monday. We cozied up with some warm brown sugar chili and cornbread muffins that I made for dinner. It's one of my favorite meals that my dad always made for my brother and I when we were kids, and I think the family I nanny for enjoyed it too. Although the girl was saying she didn't like the skin on the beans - the things that kids insist they don't like just to get out of finishing their plate! ;)

Monday for me means getting a week's worth of grocery shopping done, and making dinner early in the morning in the crockpot so it's ready for us when we get home at 6:30 from basketball practice carpool. Monday is a day that I need my makeup to be quick and easy, so here is a look that I do quite often because it literally takes 5 minutes!

I start out by using a tinted moisturizer all over my face instead of a foundation, because I can quickly swipe it on with my fingers. I currently am using e.l.f. Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. I like this product because it is very pigmented, so it offers pretty decent coverage for a tinted moisturizer. It feels very hydrating, and it is also SPF 20 to protect my face from the sun's rays during the day. I pat my HG concealer - Clinique All About Eyes concealer in Light Golden - on under my eyes to cover up my dark circles. If you are blessed with thick, shapely brows, you can skip the next step. However, my brows are so thin and blonde that I simply must fill them in. Using a Mac angled brush, I fill in the brows with Smashbox Brow Tech in Blonde. I do like this product, although I find that the wax does not keep the hairs perfectly in place, so I may try a brow gel when I use up this tub. On my cheeks, I did a quick swipe of Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset. I used my new favorite product of the week - Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - in Tutti-Frutti on my lips.

For my eyes, I used Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Rock Candy on the upper lash line. Rock Candy is a bronzey brown with golden sparkle in it. The formula is a bit sheer on the first pass, so I always do two coats to bring it up to opacity. Also, you must remember to shake the tube before every use or else there will be no color or glitter on the brush. I find that because of the sheerness of the liner, it is very forgiving for a liquid liner, and you do not need to worry about being extremely precise like you do with other liquid liners. Although you do need to be careful to let it dry a bit before opening your eye, or else the liner will smear onto your upper eyelid. I can't explain how much I love this eyeliner. It looks gorgeous, and it will. not. budge. Seriously. It will only come off with makeup remover. I forgot to take it off before I showered, and it was still on after my shower!

To finish the eye, I blended some Urban Decay Bootycall into the browbone and inner corner just to give a highlight. Using a flat eyeliner brush, I lined my lower lashline with Urban Decay Busted, and blended it up to join with the slight wing of the eyeliner. I did not use any other eyeshadow on my lid for this look, because the liner is so sparkly that it gives just enough pizzazz for a daytime look. The final touch was coating my lashes with CoverGirl LashBlast in Black.

And with that, I'm good to go! With a face that took me five minutes to put on, I feel fresh, polished, and ready for the day! (Now if only I could do my hair in that amount of time! I attempted a french braid to disguise my not-so-freshly washed hair, and let's just say it was a big FAIL)

What is your favorite five-minute face look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky