Tuesday, January 17, 2012

NOTD - Sunrise at Sea

Just a quick NOTD - I call this one Sunrise at Sea because it reminds me of orange sunlight reflecting off calm waves on the beach in the morning :) I started off with two coats of OPI Stranger Tides from the Spring 2011 Pirates of the Caribbean collection. I absolutely love this polish - it's a very unusual, yet soft and gorgeous, murky sea foam green. I layered one coat of Essie Shine of the Times, an orange-green shifting flakie, over the top. I did not start getting into nail polish until after the original Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure was officially HTF, so I was over the moon when this Essie dupe came out. I prefer it over pastel colors such as this because I think it brings a softer, more ethereal look to the flakies, as opposed to the harsher color shift I see when it is layered over dark colors.



I love this mani! Have you snatched up this Essie polish yet? What is your favorite color to layer under it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky