Sunday, January 8, 2012

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter

On Friday night, I arrived early to the Chopin Theater in Chicago, where I was meeting some friends to see a burlesque show. It was on the same corner as a CVS, so to kill some time I wandered in and looked at the cosmetic aisles. I have been eyeing the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter (you all know how I feel about Revlon's lip products, and anything that is moisturizing as well as tinted gets the thumbs up from me!) for a while, so I decided to grab a couple. The display was well-picked over, so many of the colors were missing, but I was able to snag Tutti-Frutti and Lollipop. Love me some orange and fuchsia lip color :)

Tutti-Frutti
Lollipop
I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented these lip butters are! Tutti-Frutti is a bright orange in the tube, and on my lips it becomes a sheer wash of glossy coral-orange goodness. Lollipop is especially pigmented, giving my lips a bright pop of fuchsia. They feel very moisturizing, which is fantastic because my lips are very dry, especially during the winter. I also love the packaging: the tube looks like a lipstick tube, and the cap is a translucent plastic with a quilted design, tinted with the same color as the lip butter.

I can't wait to grab a few more colors of this. I have my eye on Red Velvet and Sweet Tart!

Oh, and by the way, the burlesque show was hilarious. My friends and I all agree that the best part of the show was the drunk woman who became a little too enthusiastic, and halfway through the first act tried to go on stage and hug the performers. Needless to say, she got kicked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! Let's have a discussion!
- Becky